From Sunday 22nd October we have a number of service changes across the Black Country area, including the below routes;
Service 9 - Birmingham - Stourbridge
- Following customer feedback, a new night service will now operate on Friday and Saturday evenings (in the early hours of Saturday and Sunday mornings) between Birmingham and Halesowen with certain journeys extending to and from Stourbridge.
- On Friday and Saturday evenings, buses after midnight will now depart Birmingham at 00:20, 01:00, 02:00, 03:00 and 04:00. Journeys at 00:20, 01:00 and 04:00 from Birmingham continue to Stourbridge.
- Buses from Halesowen towards Birmingham on Friday and Saturday evenings will now depart Halesowen Bus Station after midnight at 00:27, 01:28, 02:28 and 03:28. An extra journey from Stourbridge to Birmingham has been introduced at 01:10.
Service 25 - Bilston - Pendeford
- New Sunday daytime journeys will be introduced between Bilston and Pendeford to replace journeys currently operated by Diamond Bus.
Service 27 - Wolverhampton - Dudley
- New evening and Sunday journeys will be introduced to replace the service currently provided by Diamond Bus.
Service 29 - Walsall - Bloxwich
- More buses will run on a Sunday daytime, to up to every 15 minutes.
Service 35 - Walsall - Aldridge
- New Sunday daytime journeys will be introduced between Walsall and Aldridge to replace journeys currently operated by Arriva.
Service 44 - West Bromwich - Harvills Hawthorn
- The times weekday afternoon journeys will be changed to improve reliability.
- Buses will run up to every 40 minutes after 14:00.
Services 47, 47A - West Bromwich - Wednesbury
- The 47 and 47A will be combined into a single service, running to the same route as the current 47A - all journeys will be renumbered to 47.
- Wyntor Lane, Rydding Lane, Woden Road South & Chestnut Road will no longer be directly served by the 47.
- By operating to a single line of route, it will be easier to provide a more reliable frequent service, as there is less variability in the timetable times.
- We received a number of complaints from residents & Councillors regarding Chestnut Road being unsuitable for buses - this change addresses this issue.
Services 48, 48A - West Bromwich - Northfield
- The 48A will be changed to operate along West Park Road to follow the same route as the 48 between West Bromwich and Londonderry.
- The recent diversion along St. Paul's Road and Holly Lane adds additional journey time to the service and contributes to unreliability.
- Recent surveys have indicated that usage of the 48A along St. Paul's Road is very low and this change to the route should be of overall benefit to the majority of passengers.
Service 69 - Walsall - Wolverhampton
- A new Sunday daytime service will be introduced on the 69 to replace the 28E (currently operated by Diamond Bus) and replace some journeys on the 70 between Walsall and Beechdale.
- Buses will run hourly between Walsall, Beechdale, New Invention, New Cross and Wolverhampton, providing a number of new links.
- The number of buses on Sunday daytimes between Walsall and Beechdale will be maintained at up to every 30 minutes between the 69 and 70.
Service 70 - Walsall - Bloxwich
- Late evening journeys will be introduced on all days of the week to replace the service currently operated by Diamond Bus.
- The number of buses on the 70 on Sunday daytimes will be reduced to up to every hour, although a new Sunday service will be introduced on the 69 to maintain the 30 minute frequency between Walsall and Beechdale and provide new links on Sundays to New Invention, New Cross and Wolverhampton.
Service 77 - Walsall - Sutton Coldfield
- New Sunday daytime journeys will be introduced between Walsall, Streetly and Sutton Coldfield to replace journeys currently operated by Diamond buses.
Service 121 - West Bromwich - Dudley
- There will be minor changes to the timetable.
Service 205 - Dudley - Wall Heath
- From Sunday 22nd October, we will no longer operate the Sunday daytime service on the 205.
- There will be minor changes to the times of the buses Monday - Saturday.
Service 222 - Dudley - Merry Hill
- The time of the buses throughout the day will be revised to improve reliability.
Services 255, 255A - Wolverhampton - Merry Hill
- We will now continue to operate the Sunday daytime buses on the 255 between Wolverhampton and Merry Hill.
- However, these journeys will run as service number 255A and no longer divert to serve Swindon, Hinksford or Wombourne. This is to allow buses to operate reliably.
- The route and times on other days of the week and during the evening will not change.
- The 256 continues to provide a Sunday service in Wombourne. Buses along Penn Road will now be coordinated in both directions to provided an evenly spaced 30 minute frequency on Sundays, something that has been much requested.
Service 256 - Wolverhampton - Stourbridge
- Sunday daytime journeys will be revised to improve reliability.
Service 289 - West Bromwich - Merry Hill
- There will be minor changes to the timetable.
Service 728 - Phoenix Collegiate - West Bromwich
- Service withdrawn from Sunday 22nd October 2017.